Quench More Than Your Thirst With Infused Water
Summer is right around the corner, and if you live in a warmer climate like myself, it feels like it is already here. Whether it is hot or not, we must stay hydrated. Our bodies are only made up of 60% water, so it is up to us to get the other 40%. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, not only do we lose water from our bodies when we go to the bathroom or sweat, but every time we exhale we lose water as well. Most of us have heard the recommendation from our doctors, “drink 8 glasses of water a day.” But how many of actually do it? We are more likely to grab a soda or glass of juice before drinking water.
Most people like something sweet when they drink. If you want a break in the water monotony, infused water is for you! Infused water is naturally flavored water using fruits, vegetables and herbs. It is a great way to stay hydrated, while gaining vitamins and consuming fewer calories than fruit juices and soda. Did you know, just by switching out soda with naturally flavored drinks you can cut back from over 260 calories each day?
Health Benefits of infused Water:
Double Exposure - 3/25/13
theme by ThemesOfBoy